Sunday, April 22, 2007

I AM FREE

I drove to Des Moines this weekend to attend the Women of Faith conference. The theme was freedom. The last few weeks of my Bible study focused on freedom. And, you will never guess what today's sermon at church was about.

Me: Hmm. Three times, God? Freedom? Me? A control freak like myself can be free? Hmm. That's nice.
God: Ahem.
Me: OK, again with the freedom? Are we still on that?
God: (insert your favorite parent look here)
Me: Oh, you want THIS control freak to be free. Not just one LIKE me?
God: still nudging
Me: I am going to have to surrender what? Everything? Every little thing? My husband? My kids? My friends? My job? My dreams?
God: Yes, and keep going. You're missing one thing.
Me: I can't think of anything else.
God: "Regina?"
Me: MY PLANNER? You can't be serious. How will I live?
God: "Through me. You will live through me."
Me: I want to …
God: "Then step out in faith. Fall forward. Drop your hands. Trust me."
Me: OK, Lord. But you know you are going to have to show me.

No comments: