Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jacob

Jacob was grounded from the Wii and the computer until Friday. He turns 7 today actually. We always let the birthday boy choose a restaurant for his birthday. Tuesdays are crazy normally because of Cub Scouts and this week Gene has softball and I have a 7 p.m. meeting at church.

Jacob suggests that we go out to eat Wednesday instead. Suspecting nothing, mom walks into the trap.

"Oh honey. I would hate for you to miss your birthday dinner."

"That's OK. I don't mind. I think it would be less crazy."

"OK. Well, is there something special that I could cook at home tomorrow instead?" mom asks, still not sure if he's really OK with this idea.

"No, I don't need anything special."

Mom's heart swells with pride at her selfless son.

He continues. "You know, what I'd really like is to be ungrounded from the Wii and the computer. I mean, it's my birthday."

Geesh! This kid is clever.

No comments: