Thursday, May 24, 2007

How bad is it …

when you barely have time to do half of your list, let along blog.

Yes, I should be planning for my Advanced News Writing class that begins Tuesday. I am going insane!

I have not even been able to blog about my amazing, and I do mean amazing time at the Beth Moore conference. I've also been to an amazing writer's conference.

Beth first. She is an amazing woman. She's on fire for the Lord and knows how to study His word.

Funny thing about God putting you in places you are meant to be. I'm sure there was no reason At ALL why I was at a conference where one of the main focus was on ANXIETY.

OK, this is summary of Beth's profound thoughts, not mine. Stay with me.

She says prayer is to worry as everything is to nothing. She also shows us how God will not provide us one single ounce of energy to waste on anxiety or worry. Prayer, on the other hand, taps into the Spirit's power. And that would be the spirit of the creator of the universe for those a bit behind.

Prayer is the answer to peace while anxiety is the quick way to insanity (OK, the last part is mine.)

Now, here is where it really gets tricky. Beth thinks the root of all anxiety is our refusal to relinquish one thing. Any guesses?

Oh, yeah, it's control. Hmm. What does this type-A control freak have to say about that? Hmm.

So we sat down on the floor, literally a few feet from Beth a few times, and there were these spotlights going around the room. At points, these lights would shine directly on me and not on the people sitting on either side of me. As if I would miss the whole contol thing, God decided to give me a visual clue.

Here it is God: TAKE IT ALL!

love, regina

No comments: