Sunday, September 16, 2007

Math is the devil

I'm not really against those who can comprehend the beauty of mathematics or actually saying Satan is behind all math (not quite).

My husband and I have started down our financial journey again. Stupidity is our major claim to struggle. We both have excellent jobs and a home we can afford, etc. It's the stupid stuff that trips us up.

The truth is that we like spending money, just like the rest of the world. See, that's problematic for me. I live IN the world, but I don't want to be OF the world.

That's why I spent most of my free time this evening working out our budget for next month because I've pretty much umm set this one in stone. (No money = no choices for budget).

However, that's OK. We're making progress each and every month. Yeah, us. We mostly used cash this month. The, ahhh, we'll call them slips, are what got us into trouble. It took me awhile for my spreadsheet to match the bank's math, but I did it. (Kudos to excel!)

Disciple. Cash. Prayer. Yep. I think that's got to be the secret.

Our pastor tells us we will change at the point at which it hurts more to stay the same rather than change. And we have to WANT to change. I see the wisdom in this, but I also see loopholes. At this point, it does not matter whether I WANT to change or not. God WANTS me to change. And, so we will (God and I). Then we (God and I) will join our other team (Gene and God) and we will kick some financial butt.

No comments: