Sunday, September 16, 2007

Who am I?

I am but a mere sinner saved by the same grace as everyone else who chooses to accept it.

Really, I'm not that deep. I'm a woman. I'm a wife. I'm a mother to two young boys. I'm a teacher. I'm a gal pal to a few other women. I am a Christ-follower. And, before I followed Christ, I was as lost as any other person on the earth and no more worthy as savior than they.

Compared to a holy God, most of us are not all that amazing.

My God died for me. My God died for many who will never chose to believe. Today my pastor asked us to consider whether we are excited about God's love for us. So here goes.

Am I excited about God's love for me when I'm trying to keep my 2-year-old son from hitting and pinching? Am I excited about God's love for me when I've just about had it with my 4-year-old son's mouth?Am I excited about God's love for me when I think about how much I really hate my husband's job, only because it takes him away from us so very much? Am I excited about God's love for me when I pick up Jacob and Jared's toys AGAIN? Or do three loads of laundry, only to pass by an already full clothes hamper?

Maybe not, but I want to be. Just the physical pain of a nail going through my hand catches my attention. But, do you really know what all they did to the God of the Universe? Those nails were only one small part. What about what my sin and your sin did to Him?

Now, that's some pretty amazing love. Yes, I do think so.

OK, so maybe I'm a little deeper today. Thanks for hangin' in.

No comments: