Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas sans credit

"Oh, the holiday signs are frightful and I've lost my cards for shopping?"

OK, so not really a good replacement lyric for the holiday classic, but it's certainly how I feel. I know credit cards are bad, bad and worse. I've been there. I've racked up the debt. I've paid off the debt only to rack up the debt again. So why does doing the RIGHT thing feel so WRONG?

Why indeed? My sister from another mister has a theory, which I think she shared with my pastor because today's message hit me right between the eyes.

There are a million and one maybe two things I need to be doing right now in my life. One thing trumps them all. There are no shortcuts, no easy swipes of plastic, only heart grease and knee time can solve this problem. Hear my prayer, my father.

1 comment:

Campbell or @FELTit or Designs by Anna said...

Honest, I did not talk to Casey...was on preschool desk duty talking with Miss Betz and didn't even hear his sermon...wasn't me, can't prove it, not my fault.

Honestly-I love you little sister from another mister, and honestly-you will make it through this season of your life. You've got the recipe for success-love, knee-time, and counting your blessings, even when they are hitting one another with toys.

Anna