Monday, November 30, 2009

Grading, sick kiddo and other musings

I am surrounded by Christmas as I grade this Monday morning. My eldest son thought he would like to begin his day by throwing up at 5 a.m. Poor kid, he has thrown up at least six more times. So I am sitting in my living room with my half-decorated tree staring back at me. The stockings are hung and the table behind me is littered with ornament boxes. Yes, I keep all the boxes.

It is the last week of classes (seems surreal to me). And, as usual, I have a bit of grading to to do.

The extended break might have worked out for this purpose except that some six odd years ago, Gene and I decided to become parents. Between cooking Thanksgiving dinner and somewhat cleaning it up, hanging out with family and then doing a long list of household/Christmas to-dos on Saturday, my weekend was GONE before I blinked.

At some point in the weekend, I have made another one of my famous declarations. I am DONE with soda for awhile. Gene and I are seeing who can hold out the longest, which may end up being a small mistake.

Well, back to grading. Oh, and it seems I've sort of become a Pampered Chef consultant again. Anyone need any great gifts for the holidays?

No comments: