Wednesday, September 06, 2006

On being called a butthead

I love many things about my son's preschool. It's full of great teachers, and Jacob is very happy there. He started there full time in early July, and has brought home lots of great artwork, much of which he insists I take to work with me. But, there are a few drawbacks as well.

Tonight as I was reminding him to sit down and eat his dinner, he called me a butthead. Yes, my precious little son called his momma a butthead. Gene and I tried not to laugh. We failed, but still told Jacob we don't call people buttheads. To which, he replied that so-and-so at preschool calls him a butthed. I told him the next time so-and-so says that, he should tell Mr. so-and-so his momma says it's not very nice. Hmm. We'll see.

To change the subject, we started talking about what he might like for Christmas. He was open to socks, shirts and pjs. He wants "A Lightning McQeen night-night shirt and a Lightning McQueen wake-up shirt, too!" He was also very concerned about what we should leave for Santa. He decided that we could give him some chips, a cup of milk and a corndog.

By the way, preschool has also taught Jacob that his mommy is not fair. At times, I hear, "no fair, mommy!" And this possibly could be my biggest pet peeve in life. And, he has also put me on his "list" for naughty people.

Aren't children wonderful?

1 comment:

Tully Corcoran said...

Some chips, a cup of milk and a corndog. That's just fantastic. I believe, even at his age, you son "gets it."