Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ahh, the Sh@! saga continues

We are having a relatively "normal" dinner when this true account occurs.

Jacob: "Oh, sh@$"

Gene and I are mildly surprised but through a nod agree to do nothing and let it pass. Two more seconds tick by.

Jacob: "Mom, Dad! Did you hear me? I said sh@!"

Shoulders are shaking and we are desperately trying to let this pass. Not sure what to do at this point. Without being able to talk, we again try to move forward with dinner.

Jacob: "Sh@! … Sh@! … Sh@! … Sh@! … Sh@! … Sh@! … Sh@! … Sh@!"

There has to be a moral of this story. One might ask where we went wrong. I'd love to blame preschool, I really would, but this word belongs to me and Gene both.

I say it on a very regular basis and immediately catch myself, to which I have sometimes in fact responded with the very thing that led me to cringe in the first place.

Gene and the blazing cupcakes, another tragic slip.

However, the question is in this very situation at the dinner table, what should we have done?

Parents?

No comments: