Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas cards and other holiday jazz

I did not send out Christmas cards this year, but I was happy to receive a hefty pile from friends and family. Several of these cards appeared to come directly from Snapfish.com, which certainly caught my attention. After the debacle that was our family Christmas photo (we totally blame Jared for this), I am still unsure about whether I will send New Year's Cards or not.

As I spend the week home with my two boys, I am surrounded by a seriously messy house and plenty of "Christmas" that still needs to find a home. I have also decided that I want to start the new year, armed with a new journal. I am 29 pages away from finishing the one I began Aug. 18, 2007. The first sentence Jared utters every morning is "Can we play on the Wii? Please?! Please?! I be nice. We not fight today. Promise (bat big blue eyes and look at mom)."

I have two or three or maybe five journals in que, just waiting for me to write the staggering details of my life journey (lol). My grand plan for the day is to lug the boys to the Public Library to hang out in the kid section while I work on writing and picking up another book to read.

I highly, highly, highly recommend reading "Traveling With Pomegranates" by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor. I return in search of another one of Sue's book. I am going to try to stay away from Amazon.com's one click shopping (at least until February!)

Cheers.

No comments: