Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mom says

When I was a kid, I remember telling my own mother numerous times that she would be so much happier if she would just lower her standards for what a clean house entailed. My oldest son has developed a bad habit of tossing his trash behind the TV at our house. We have gone over this a few times, as you can imagine.

Today was another incident. Our conversation brought back memories.

Me: "Why on earth are you still throwing trash behind the TV?"
Jacob: "Why do you keep looking back there?"
Me: Stunned silence.
Jacob: "If you did not look back there every day, you would not be so mad at me!"

1 comment:

Lilah Belle said...

Hahahaha, little boys can be so impossible. But that argumentative streak within him speaks well for you. It says you have raised your son the courage speak his mind and created a comfortable enough environment for his to do so. That speaks bounds for your skills as his parent. You should be very proud of your boy.