Monday, July 16, 2007

My baby

My baby is crying and my 4-year-old is out of bed. OK, so my "baby" is 2 years old and apparently not too keen on going to bed. Neither is Jacob, who has been out at least five million times in this moment alone.

I arrived at preschool to pick up Jacob only to learn that he had appointed himself chief bully today. Hitting, pushing, taking things away from others, refusing to listen, yelling, saying "no" to his teachers. Yep. That's a pretty good summary.

Then I went to pick up Jared, who had just turned himself into a weapon by hurtling himself from the chair to the couch, landing on the poor little girl who likely weighs a mere 40 pounds to Jared's 26.

I blame myself because I let them stay up too late b/c it's summer, and they were having fun.

And, I was naughty also. I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. reading a book. Now I am very tired and my eyes are burning.

Oh, to once again enjoy the truly lazy days of summer. I remember telling my sisters that I did not care if the pool opened at 1 p.m. I was going to watch One Life to Live before we went. As far as they were concerned, the pool was open to them at 2 p.m. daily. And that was if they could pry the book out of my hands to make me take them.

Only a few days remain until the world knows what happens to our little Harry Potter. Yeah, I'm a book nut.

No comments: