Sunday, July 01, 2007

Abundance

So, I'm sitting here in the lobby of our hotel wondering exactly what I'll blog about today.

The mystery was revealed when a woman stopped to ask me if she could give me something.

I'm suspicious, but friendly, so I agree. I am presented with a nickel and a wish for abundance from Victoria. The coin says in God we trust, she says, and I am wished abundance in whatever I believe in.

This is it. I'm left wondering if she's a Christian or another religious follower or just a nice person. Pity that I did not think to ask her.

I thanked her and she introduced herself and walked away.

Hmm.

Here's a prayer for Ms. Victoria. Father, God, you know all about this woman. I pray that if she does not have a friendship and relationship with your son, Jesus, that you will reveal the truth of his sacrifice to her. Help her see that we are all eternal beings. We can chose to spend eternity with you in heaven or apart from you forever. Amen.

1 comment:

Dyan said...

Funny, our pastor at church just did a Independence Day type sermon this morning about the "In God We Trust" on our money...how our money is important, but our founding fathers didn't want us to forget what is really most important.