Sunday, July 08, 2007

No Place to Hide

The thing about God is that He's an all or nothing sort of deal. The last few sermons, though diverse topics, have all pointed me to the same place. In other words, until I do this one little thing, I am going to hear nothing new under the sun.

Today our pastor talked about witnessing to those around us, a "task" most of us dread. But if we have a solid relationship with God, then we won't be able to help ourselves. Thus, it no longer becomes a task. OK, so that's the Cliff notes version, but if you can follow me normally, you will be OK.

Anyway, the relationship is what I am struggling with as of late, and oh how it affects everything else.

For example, I need to live much more fiscally responsibly. Instead of me and my Bible sitting about to discuss this with God, I think myself in circles of all of the things "I" can do: don't eat out, don't go to Wal-Mart unsupervised, don't buy books, don't shop online, no credit cards, etc. And, how is that working with God, you ask? Well, if you can figure it out, please let me know.

Do you know the KISS rule? Keep it simple, stupid? Can the answer really be that simple?

Regina: Pick up my book. Read it. Talk to me. Is this really so difficult?

If ya know and love the one and only savior, pray for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya sister. I have the same problems. If someone gives you the answer will you let me know?