Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Andalay! Andalay! OOPS...


I try to represent an "honest" look at my life on Facebook, the good, the bad and the truly annoying. I try to label my rants as such, but I generally find I am more reflective. Maybe it's because I used to journal, but my thoughts seem to flow better in front of a keyboard these days.
Today I got up and was only three minutes late meeting my walking partner who lives across town. Oh,heck. I just saw some natural foreshadowing in that sentence because on the way back to my house after feeling a bit proud for our pace today, I got a speeding ticket.
And, let me tell you friends, it's my second speeding ticket in my life, and I have thoroughly earned both of them. (I'd like to note that your comments are not needed in this regard-  There's not a single reason to get angry about it, and I am not. Were you driving your car faster than the posted sign? Yes? Well, then, you get your ticket.
If we can survive them, we have three more days on Medford. Oh, the stress. Our youngest is coping with his stress by being in continual meltdown mode, which cycles through the entire family in rapid succession.
Yesterday, our home warranty folks came to look at a few things and nothing was solved. A part was ordered. And then our Realtor saved the day and called another plumbing company -- likely the only plumbing company I am ever going to trust again. More money being spent on Medford (sigh). Oh, if only I could go back a bit and make some different choices, but at least I've learned something. And, as an educator, I know learning comes with a price tag.
Today I sit and wait for the HVAC guy to come "service the furnace." But what he will really do is tell me that the OLD furnace needs to be replaced. I know this. It's why we have a home warranty and are paying for one for our buyer. I have prayed for the furnace to just die already many times.
I love Jesus. I know he loves me. I believe in God's timing though I rarely appreciate it while I'm knee deep.
Anyone remember those old Calgon bath bubble commercials?
"Calgon, take me away …"

No comments: