Saturday, August 06, 2016

Reflections

I had a productive day, and we are down to six nights left in our house on Medford, which threatens to make me emotional at times. But, I am so beyond excited to move to College that these moments do not last long.
It has been a super wonderful home, and we have stuffed it full of awesome memories, people, joyful family additions and everything else.
For anyone considering buying a house outside of your means, DO NOT DO IT! We have managed to survive/thrive in our modest home with ONE bathroom, two boys and smaller bedrooms for 15 years. This house does not have a basement or a garage we could park in, but I never once worried that my family would not have a place to live. It's probably the only wise financial decision Gene and I made in our 20s. Those 15 years would have been shortened considerably if we had made better choices in other areas, but God has gotten us here in HIS time.
I realized today as I was cleaning and *ahem* directing my hubby on some cleaning standards I have, I realized I've never moved out of a house and NOT gotten a full security deposit back. Well, I guess if the house looks awesome when we leave, WHICH IT WILL, I will just have to give myself a nice deposit to spend.

1 comment:

Guru Indonesia said...

thanks for sharing this great article
best regards,
ruanguji