Sunday, August 21, 2016

Where is my crockpot?

I begin teaching MM100 Media Boot Camp and MM422 Editing on Tuesday. I need the fog to clear in my new-house brain.
Change has been somewhat harder than I expected. While I love the look of my kitchen, I have not been happy COOKING in my kitchen. In my mind, there simply is not a natural flow. A small center cabinet/portable island might improve many of my BIG issues, but it will not make the silly refrigerator bigger  I finally cleaned the oven, and now it's very functional. Cooking on gas is fine, but I miss the EASE and CONVENIENCE of being able to just wipe down my stovetop without having to remove heavy grates on top and set them somewhere. And, let's face it, I'm not fancy in the kitchen so the benefit of gas is likely lost on me.
I can't find my red crockpot either. It was my birthday present last year (I asked for it and am thrilled to get gifts I use all the time.) I spy one last box in the dining room to unpack (aka pile the stuff on the tables to delay working on things I should be doing.) SIGH.
BTW, I have four tables in here presently and still space to dance if I wanted. I was excited to have guests Friday night sitting around Roy D. Baum and Annette's former dining room table. I LOVE this dining room. Seriously. It's my favorite spot. Maybe I should just hire a chef and a housekeeper, so I can avoid the kitchen entirely! Now, I just need some good lotto numbers.
OK, time to close and unpack that box, which taunts me. AND THEN, I will sort the silly papers on my kitchen table (aaauugggh) and do some real work.
I KNOW that I am beyond blessed. Truly, I do. I hope no one takes offense at any of my whining. I know it's whining, and I will deal.
But, I've got in mind a project and FB seems to be super handy to compile my thoughts for a scrapbook project. Now I just need my forever friends and best roommates ever (no offense to you, dear husband, Gene Cassell), akaDyan Millsaps Shirley and Reba Gant Richie to come see me for a LONG weekend. I see chippies and dipppies in our future…