Thursday, March 08, 2007

I had a plan

But, as usual, my plan and reality did not exactly intersect. I sat down to do my Bible study about 30 minutes ago now, and I have a "small" project to attend to afterward. I reason with myself that I could just "get up early" and do it.

OK, if you have finished laughing, please continue reading.

I'm trying to put my finger on why I love blogging. I think I might miss the art of reporting. Having no one to interview, I question myself and pose the answers to the world of Web.

There are certainly some things I choose not to blog out because I am never quite sure who reads my entries on a regular basis.

This week, my struggle yet again is self-discipline. Beth Moore's study directed us to scriptures a week or so ago that said self-discipline comes as the result of a filling of the Holy Spirit within me. In order to pump up the spirit, things like reading God's word, praying, surrendering to him and letting go are big keys.

I'm not the only one in my Bible study who struggles with the concept of letting go. One of the members had a very nice illustration of it, but I really need the step-by-step manual. Only I think it's a little different for each person.

So, I pose the question to you. What does it truly mean to let go and give it to God? What does true surrender look like? And most importantly, how do you do it day after day after day? Or how do you know when you've done it?

1 comment:

Campbell or @FELTit or Designs by Anna said...

Let me know when you find the answers to these elusive questions. Perhaps we could consider "letting go" a quest for our lives. After all, we are both very good at the skill of tilting at windmills.

Love you sis!

Anna