Monday, August 06, 2007

Bunk Beds

There is no more crib in my babies room. Almost five years ago, Gene put together that little bed with lots of love and cussing.

"Did it make you want to cry to take the bed apart," I ask Gene.

"No, I wanted to cry putting it together. It was much easier to take apart."

Now my little boy of four years sleeps on the top bunk and my little boy of two years sleeps on the bottom bunk.

Before they sleep, however, they giggle, they get out of bed again and again, they dance, they turn up the CD player too loud, they fight and they drive mommy NUTS.

Finally, perhaps realizing it's not a good idea to push mommy one inch further, they nestle in to sleep. And the little boy of four years who earned two naughty notes today and the little boy of two years who screamed most of the morning, suddenly become the purest little angels ever … until the morning.

No comments: