Monday, August 06, 2007

Jacob

Two naughty notes in one day! Now that's a Jacob Cassell record.

"Hey Gene and Regina

Just a note to let you know that Jacob is sitting in my office right now because as I was talking to one of the other children, he came up and slapped me on the behind. He thought it was funny, but I did not and then since he was mad at me he just started saying the word 'but' over and over again.

This is my note to you that I promised Jacob I was writing because of his choices"

Then Mrs. Betsey had to add this in writing.

"You guys. I love this kid. Now he's sitting here trying to bribe me with the promise of pictures that he will draw for me. He has apologized to me without prompting. He has suggested that since he has said sorry maybe I could just put this note 'in someone else's cubby.' His little mind is always working."

His second note described his recent run-in with disrespectful behavior. Tonight, we talked about these choices. I told him to stop something, and he told me he "could do it if he wants to."

I made my little boy lock eyes with me and repeat the following: "I am 4 years old and I have to do whatever mommy tells me to do. I have to do whatever daddy tells me to do. I have to do whatever my teacher tells me to do. I do not get to do what I want."


aaauuuggghhh

No comments: