Sunday, August 12, 2007

Disobedience

It has been somewhat of a rough day today. Every six weeks, Gene's turn comes up to serve in the 2 and 3 year old room at church. As children only promote up once per year, Jacob still attends this class for a few more Sundays.

Jacob was so confrontational with his daddy this morning, that Jacob was moved to another classroom! Yeah, that's what I said. Dad and son had to be separated.

I had to break my son's heart today and forbid him to attend a birthday party he had been quite looking forward to. But, he knew the rules going in and he chose to disobey again and again, leaving me no choice.

I fear I am heading for a major crossroads in terms of money. God has gone over the rules with me again and again, and I stubbornly insist on doing things my own way. Sure, I can be good for a few months in a row, but change is not reaching the heart level because only God can do that.

A broken heart might be the only way out.

No comments: