Monday, June 18, 2007

Ramblings of sorts


















Coming off of another busy weekend, and yes, I should be grading.

Took the boys to the zoo Friday with two other moms. Five kids to three moms isn't a bad ratio, and we all had an enjoyable trip. No luck in getting five kids, ages 4, 4, 3, 2 and 1, into ONE picture though. I will have to post a couple of the ones I did manage to get.

Was on a mission Saturday to buy Gene a new bike and a trail-a-bike thing for Jacob. It's a very cool addition to a regular ten speed that allows a younger rider to ride with a parent. It's like attaching a kids bike, minus the front wheel, to the back of the adult bike. Jacob loves it! I know Jared is going to have a cow b/c he already wants to ride on it, too.

Sunday we made it to church early. My husband does not always enjoy eating out with our kids. I think his prediction that they might be terrorists at the restaurant comes true, and a better attitude would prove more effective. At any rate, we did the Chili's to go for Father's Day. Then my parents came for a BBQ for dinner. We spent some time picking up sticks and cleaning up the yard.

I have become a recent fan of the library's online catalog. You can look for books and have them mailed right to your house. I have read in my magazine about a few books I wanted to read. Ta-Da. The library has them. Now I just wait for them to arrive. How cool is that?!

Well, I started this little post well before lunch. Now I've been and gone. Folded and put away a load of laundry and started another one while at home. Picked up toys for the 20th time in two days. Yep. It's a regular old work week.

No comments: