Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Swimming

My baby boy hates the pool, which is not good considering we have to go at least 19 more times to make our pool pass cost efficient.

It took about an hour and a half for him to agree to cling to me with his upper chest and lower body submerged.

Jacob, however, loves the pool and wants to do everything. He was quite sad when the lifeguard told him he wasn't big enough for the rope game at the pool. His biggest problem, like genenrations of others, is not running at the pool. He listened fairly well, which was good because Jared was stuck to me like glue.

Jared hates being barefoot, first of all. Then there's the "shower before you enter the pool area" that he's not a big fan of either. We had not even made it out of the locker room before I my child was hysterical.

He loves baths, so I figured walking into the water would please him. Yeah, not so much. I'm sure the other parents there thought I was a horrible mother torturing my poor baby.

Maybe next time will be better. I've got the pool shoes and I'm bringing him a ball. He loves balls, so surely that will work. (Quit laughing. I need support here.)

1 comment:

Campbell or @FELTit or Designs by Anna said...

How did you know I was laughing...it wasn't even audible!

Anna