Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Swimming, Take 2

OK, last night was the second night of the scary swimming.

Jared did much better. The shoes were a definte help. He did not care about the ball, but the ring floatie device proved to be a comfortable distraction.

He actually walked around the pool, splashed and generally had fun. He did go completely under twice, and he did not cry a bit either time. I think the third time will be a charm. I am still getting looks from those who clearly think I am pushing too hard or torturing my child. Trust me. If he was having a major problem, the whole city of Topeka would hear him.

Jacob desperately wants to learn how to swim, but I have yet to sign him up for lessons. I think they will go much better this year.


Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, when I taught my nephew to swim 4 summers ago, you'd thin he was dying. Now, he's like a fish. By the end of summer he won't even remember being scared. :)