Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fitness update

I have decided to reward my weight loss with a variety of things. Next fall, I plan to take my skinny self back to my former, expensive hairdresser in Lawrence. I miss him. He does an amazing job with my hair, and I'm worth it.

I have a ways to go, but I have lost and kept off seven pounds to date. I've lost a GRAND total of 15 pounds since last August. Not nearly as quickly as I would like, but now I am exercising, which makes all the difference. I want to lose 40 pounds, which leaves me 33 to go. I will get there. I am also going to reward myself with a bra that I love for every day of the week. Maybe two per day.

And, I don't even hate exercise as much as I used to. Now I find that I am giving myself permission to enjoy myself and work out with passion. I use the time to pray for friends, which also helps me. I bought another yoga mat and the DVD "Yoga for Dummies," a great workout, which kicked my butt the other night.

God is great, and I know I would be failing miserably without his assistance. Start exercising ladies and gents. Even if you walk your butt to the corner twice a week, it's a start.

1 comment:

Karli said...

Congrats on keeping up with your fitness plan. It is inspiring me to actually try sticking to exercise for more than a week. Doesn't it take like 3 weeks to form a habit? If that's true, maybe I can stick to working out for 3 weeks. Anywho, congrats once again and good luck!