Friday, February 02, 2007

I am a rockstar!

And, a very humble one at that.

Well, I am still working out and attempting to monitor my food consuption habits. The word "diet" makes me cringe.

Anyway, here is a summary of the reasons I choose to put myself into the rockstar category.

Week one at the SRWC: Jan. 8-12: Gene and I went every day to spend at least 2o minutes using the equipment and walking.

Week two at the SRWC: This is the week school started. I had my fitness assessment Wednesday, Jan. 17, but it was a slow workout week.

Week three at the SRWC: I worked out Sunday, Jan. 21 and then did yoga at 6:45 a.m. Monday, Jan. 22. I had my appointment with the wellness coordinator to go over my exercise prescription. I will tell you about that momentarily. I did manage to make two and maybe three appearances this week as well.

Week four at the SRWC: Was this really week four? I again worked out Sunday and did yoga Monday a.m. I went to the gym Thursday and Friday and did cardio workouts on the ellipitical at my target rate. Yeah!

I have lost six pounds, give or take. And, again, I am seriously working on limiting my calories. The wellness gal says you should consume your weight plus a zero in calories and a few more on days you work out. She also says it can take a few weeks to start seeing real difference. I am seeing the difference on the scale, with a few pounds, but not really on my clothes yet. Hmm.

OK, now to my exercise prescription. I am to do two cardio workouts a week. One with a target heart rate of 155-160 and another with a rate of 160-170. I am to do 10 weight machines, 12 reps and then another set of 10 with a few more pound added. Then I am supposed to do these plank things (this is not happening. I am a plank-challenged idiot at this point!) We are also supposed to do another kind of plank and then crunches on the evil exercise ball. I have not mustered up the nerve to completely humiliate myself at the gym, so I have been skipping these components. OOPS.

That's the update!

2 comments:

Dyan said...

You go girl...wish I could join you, then we could humiliate ourselves together!

Campbell or @FELTit or Designs by Anna said...

Ditto-on the you go girl part anyway.

I am still struggling with the committment to exercise-that stationary bike is mocking me from the corner of my bedroom and my hubby says I can't banish it to the basement (where it wouldn't mock so loudly, I guess-it was worth a try, right?)

Anyway-I'm trying to figure out how I can ride the bike when I chat with my best friend on IM every Tuesday night, and if I could get the hang of balancing the laptop while biking, I could play marble drop, watch the news (or something equally entertaining) while on the bike......hmmm.....I just might have to figure this one out-let's see what I can manage and I'll get back to you.

Keep up the good work, dear friend-you're doing great!

Anna