Monday, November 13, 2006

6, 851 words

After a long conversation with my sister tonight, I had to write on my novel. She gave me lots of great things that I could work in. I didn't work on those parts tonight, but I did add a few words.

Yes, I know I am dreadfully behind, but I am hoping I can write some over the break. Perhaps my hubby will bring home the laptop for me to use. Not that I enjoy typing on a laptop.

Wish me luck as my novel continues to unfold. I'm not sure how long before I'll let anyone read it. It's a very personal thing. Writing about real life is one thing. It really happens. Making up a world forces you to question whether it's believable, entertaining and "real."

1 comment:

Campbell or @FELTit or Designs by Anna said...

I completely understand where you are coming from. I have it a little easier, though, as my grandmother, the inspiration for my nanowrimo novel, is just the general basis for my lead character, not an exact duplicate. I am weaving in other family names into my characters throughout the story, and am hoping and praying that no one takes offense-I just wanted to give the story a familiar flavor, and adding family names helps me to do that.

I am finding it quite interesting, though, that my character seems to be telling me what happens next just about as often as I try to figure the plot development for myself. I find it a liberating feeling, giving up complete control of the story, to allow it to come to me, instead of forcing my will on it. Sounds like a life lesson to me, whatchathink?