Friday, November 03, 2006

Weighing In

So, a friend of mine is wondering if it would be appropriate to confront overweight people about their weight the way smokers are often confronted about their nasty habit.

Claiming its basically the same thing, he wants to be able to tell the scale-tippers to stop frequenting buffet lines, all fast food establishments and to exercise good judment when ordering in restaurants.

In the end, I think we agreed that we are all slaves to our addictions, whether it be eating, smoking, consuming alcohol or massive amounts of caffeine. We all have to deal with these "afflictions" on a daily basis, so perhaps it's best to encourage each other in love.

I personally wish someone would hold me accountable for my food and exercise choices. When it comes to self-control and discipline in those areas, I sort of SUCK.

No comments: