Friday, November 17, 2006

Now I'm the weak link

Or was, rather.

Jared has had the stomach flu. He threw up three
times Tuesday and managed to generate almost three loads of laundry
just himself. Last night was my turn. My momma came over yesterday from
KC to watch Jared, who I still didn't feel was quite back to himself,
and I had planned to work Thursday night and get up early Friday to
head to work before my dentist appointment in Lawrence.

Ha. Ha.
I am miles behind and anyone who knows me knows how much of a baby I
can be when it comes to throwing up. Gene took good care of me last
night, and I even encouraged him to go ahead and sleep with Jacob. I
spent all morning in bed and the afternoon on the couch. Now I'm trying
to fake normalcy b/c Jacob was convinced that the flowers he and Gene
brought me would heal me completely. I love them both so much.

And then there's Gene, who might be wishing he had slept with Jacob right about now. He had to go to a b-ball game in Emporia and was supposed to be on the radio tonight. He thought throwing up in the parking lot would be more fun.

Well,
I'm a bad mom, too. I ordered Pizza Hut for the boys tonight. I hope to
spend the rest of the night quietly with the boys. I'm praying
fervently that Jacob does not get this crap, too, especially after
cheese pizza!

After Jared goes to bed, perhaps Jacob and I can play a stimulating game of Candyland, Dora Explorer style, until it's his turn for bed.

Wow. What a Friday night, eh?

No comments: